PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Please be detailed in your answers below, and note the character minimums for particular questions. Our ability to auction off your art bra, promote you as an artist, and hold a successful event is HIGHLY dependent on the quality and thoughtfulness of your responses. We are deeply thankful for your support in this very special way, and kindly ask you gift us again with your generous words.
ARE YOU SUBMITTING YOUR ART BRA AS A GROUP?
If no, please skip and continue with Section 1. If yes, please follow the instructions below:
-One person can respond to the questions in Sections 1 and 2 on behalf of your entire group.
-If your response requires more than one answer (such as you each have your own bios) within a given field, please separate your answers using a semi-color and be as clear as possible when identifying which artist your answer is referring to.
-If possible, we strongly encourage you to upload a group photo of all the artists involved in your art bra creation. Please keep in mind this picture will be used on our event website.
-While we only need ONE signature agreeing to the Artist Rules & Guidelines below, this signature represents compliance from the entire artist group. It is up to EACH artist to fully read and understand the rules and guidelines associated with their art bra submission. The Art Bra Artist Rules & Guidelines are also available on the Artists page of the event website at www.artbraaustin.org
City, State, Zip*6
Email*a valid email address8
Bio of yourself*min. 250 characters. max 1000 characters10
Have you participated in Art Bra in the past? If so, when?*11
Are you making your art bra for a specific model?*If so, who?12
Why did you decide to participate as an Art Bra Austin Artist?*min 60 characters. max 1000 characters13
What, if any, is your connection to BCRC and/or breast cancer?*14
Did/Do you attend fashion, art or design school? If so, where?*15
What interests/hobbies do you have outside of art and fashion?*min 60 characters. max 1000 characters16
Artist/Professional website*e.g. e-commerce, etsy, portfolio17
Artist/Professional Social Media links*Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.18
Section 2: About the Art Bra
Please be advised that if your Art Bra is selected for the show, any accompanying items (i.e. skirts, headpieces, etc.) may not be included in costume selection and auction. 20
Title of Art Bra*21
Estimated value of Art Bra*22
What materials/medium did you use to create the piece?*min 60 characters. max 1000 characters23
What was the inspiration for your art bra design?*min 100 characters. max 1000 characters24
How did you make it? Tell us about the steps involved in making your Art Bra.*min 100 characters. max 1000 characters25
Does your Art Bra have any accompanying accessories / costuming?*If yes, please describe.26
If yes, provide value of accompanying items*27
Did you collaborate with anyone else? If yes, who?*28
If the piece was created in honor or in memory of someone you would like acknowledged, please provide their name and any other details you want to include.*29
Would you like to show another example of your artwork/fashion design if you are selected to be featured on our blog? If yes, please provide a brief description and attach your image below.*30
I understand that if any part of my submission is not selected, it is my responsibility to claim my piece(s) from the BCRC admin office by April 29, 2016.*Write 'Yes' or your name in space.33
Section 3: Rules & Guidelines Agreement
Thank you so much for your interest in being an Artist for BCRC's Art Bra Austin 2017. The rules and guidelines associated with your art bra submission are listed below. Please review each statement and include your signature and date at the end to indicate you have read and accepted the terms. 35
- Art Bra Austin is the signature fundraiser for Breast Cancer Resource Center (BCRC), a non-profit organization providing services to area women diagnosed with breast cancer. Proceeds from this fundraiser will benefit BCRC, and in turn, women throughout Central Texas who have been diagnosed with breast cancer. The event and all functions related to it are intended as a benefit.
- In order to participate in Art Bra Austin, you must agree to these Rules and Guidelines, which consist of (i) the terms and conditions on these pages; and (ii) the Entry Form. If you are a minor, you must obtain the prior permission of your parent and/or legal guardian, who must agree to these Rules and Guidelines on his/her and your behalf. Submission of an entry in this fundraiser constitutes your agreement to these Rules and Guidelines.
- All entries are due no later than Monday, March 6, 2017 by 5:00 pm. Submission may be delivered in person to BCRC's Administrative Office, or sent by mail or by courier service (FedEx, UPS, etc.) to the following address: Breast Cancer Resource Center, 4807 Spicewood Springs Road Bldg. 1 Suite 1100 Austin, Texas 78759
- The bra design shall be in good taste in the sole discretion of BCRC. Any submission(s) not meeting these criteria will be disqualified. If the design includes any mechanical devices such as battery packs, this must be accessible to event staff.
- Works will be considered in-kind, charitable donations and therefore the property of BCRC. BCRC is a 501(c)(3) and all contributions to it are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. BCRC accepts no responsibility for submissions that are lost, delayed, damaged, altered, mislaid, howsoever caused.
- Entries must be accompanied by: (1) Art Bra Submission & Delivery Sheet; (2) Completed Artist Entry Form (submitted online); (3) Digital Portrait of Artist (submitted online)
- Art Bra Austin is a professionally choreographed runway show. BCRC will attempt to remain true to the design intentions of the artist, but retains the right to deviate from these conceptions to maintain and/or achieve cohesiveness within the show.
- By participating in the fundraiser, you agree and hereby grant BCRC permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and publicly display your submission for any purpose, such as, but not limited to, press and media communications, without any compensation to you. You also agree that BCRC may use your name and likeness to administer and promote the fundraiser and any additional promotional events related to the fundraiser. BCRC will hold the rights to any photographs made of the submissions and may use them to create merchandise for sale at a future date. Entrants will not be compensated for the inclusion of their entries in such merchandise.
- This fundraiser is governed by the laws of the State of Texas. By participating, you agree to be bound by the terms of these Rules and Guidelines and by BCRC's decisions, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this fundraiser. Each entrant agrees not to act in any manner that might: (i) infringe any third-party proprietary, intellectual property, industrial property, personal rights or other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligation. To the extent permitted by the law, the right to litigate, to seek injunctive relief, or to any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection to this fundraiser are hereby excluded, and you expressly waive any and all such rights.
- By submitting an entry to the fundraiser you agree explicitly that all components of your artwork and supporting statement are indeed original creations. Any intellectual property infringement, misuse or plagiarism or another's work in any form or state will result in immediate disqualification of the submission from the fundraiser.
Your Signature*Type Full Name36
Date*Select today's date37
You've reached the end!
Click the 'Submit' button below after reviewing your form's answers and ensuring you have answered all the required fields. A copy of your form's response will be emailed to the address you provided in this form.